Amla, also known as Indian gooseberry, is a miracle fruit that contains several health advantages. From the old days, Amla has been in use. It has utilized many diseases to treat. A fruit, that may be eaten in any way. And it gives us its advantages.
What is Indian Gooseberry?
Indian gooseberry is in the fruit category (or Amla). The term “aamlaa” is more pronounced, botanically known as Emblica Officinalis. This fruit has a plethora of nutrients that give huge health advantages. This product is powerful. Amla might not be kind to tastebuds because of her sour and bitter flavor, but she should not be discouraged. Amla is used for treating many illnesses in Indian medicine. It is utilized in the natural and ayurvedic medicine of the Indians. Here are some of Amla’s health advantages
Indian Gooseberry Benefits
- Amla is one of nature’s richest and most powerful natural vitamin C sources. Indian gooseberry tree is majorly found in the North Indian states.
- Vitamin C is not easily absorbed by the body when taken as a supplement. Amla food is one of the greatest methods to absorb vitamin C from your body.
- Rich in antioxidants proven to protect against free body radical production, amla is excellent for reducing cancer risk. It can have a beneficial impact on cardiovascular disease by preventing and decreasing atherosclerosis (both total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol).
- Amla is good for decreasing inflammation caused by joint aches and arthritis since it has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Indian gooseberry is also high in pectins and fiber, making it beneficial for relieving constipation.
- Amla, which has sedative qualities, can be used to relieve stress and thus aid in the treatment of sleep disorders such as insomnia by promoting better quality sleep.
- Gargle with water combined with fresh amla juice to cure mouth ulcers.
- To alleviate menstruation cramps, drink fresh amla juice blended with a ripe banana two to three times each day.
- Take two tablespoons of fresh amla juice with a teaspoon of honey two or three times a day to relieve cold and cough symptoms.
- Hair oils are made from oil derived from amla seeds and pulp and are used to cure hair and scalp issues.
Below are a few benefits of Indian gooseberry
Amla’s Nutritional Composition (in 100 gms)
Indian Food Nutrient Value, National Nutrition Institute, Indian Medical Research Council (2002)
Indian Gooseberry Recipe
As gooseberry juice and preserves, Amla is frequently served with sweet pickles. In dips, pie, and many more cuisine recipes, gooseberries may also be utilized. For Menstruation Cramps, Amla plays an important role.
Indian Recipes – Recipes for gooseberry
Gooseberry Pickle Recipe for Menstruation Cramps
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the seeds of cumin and mustard
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, with the green chilies
- Cook for a few minutes after adding the cleaned and dried Amla
- Sprinkle with water, season with salt, and place a lid on the pan
- Reduce the heat to medium and whisk often for 10 minutes
Recipe for Gooseberry Chutney for Menstruation Cramps
- After removing the tips and tails, roughly chop the gooseberries
- Finely chop the onions and boil them in the water with the berries until they are mellow
- Add the other ingredients and cook, stirring periodically, until the chutney thickens
- While the bottle is still hot, cover it quickly
Recipe for Gooseberry Curd for Menstruation Cramps
Instructions for Preparation
- In a non-corrosive saucepan, combine the gooseberries and water. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring periodically, over low-medium heat, or until the gooseberries are soft
- Purée the gooseberries in a sieve to yield approximately 1/4 cup of purée
- In the hot purée, add the sugar and butter and simmer, stirring continuously
- Stir in the eggs and the egg yolk, then whisk into the hot gooseberry mixture in a little quantity to reheat the eggs
- Return into the pot and simmer over low heat and stir regularly, until thickened and at 170°F (75°C) temperature
- Pour into a container, cover, and place in the refrigerator to cool
So above are a few Indian gooseberry benefits for menstruation cramps. Hope you like it 🙂